Our client is seeking an individual with a background supporting Client OpenView Operations Manager within a large IT enterprise environment. The person chosen to fill this role will have previous work experience monitoring and maintaining systems availability and performance to deliver computing services across a large enterprise. Knowledge HP OVO, Unix/Linux and Windows systems, IT networking and system performance and capacity management are required for this role. In this role, the individual chosen will be assigned to a team tasked with implementing automated solutions. Strong programming and Linux support experience is required, along with a solid work background with the OVO/OML tool. Person selected must have an understanding of advanced eventing concepts such as event correlation, automatic remediation and event suppression. Position requires individual with strong communications skills to be able to explain technical information to non-technical staff. Tasks:
- Meet with project teams to determine and recommend system or application monitoring requirements.
- Work with subject matter experts to analyze and resolve any questions and problems.
- Work independently on multiple monitoring solutions simultaneously with limited direction.
- Create OVO/OML templates and/or scripts to provide monitoring solutions.
- Test monitoring solutions to ensure they are working as designed.
- Document monitoring solution in design documents.
- Provide information to project counterparts on service side for transition of the monitoring
- Client Openview Operations Manager Linux (OVO/OML).
- Network monitoring such as using SNMP traps (MIBs) & syslog.
- Linux and Windows OS shell programming experience.
- Perl programming.
- Strong programming and Linux experience is a must, along with solid work experience with the OVO/OML tool.
- Understanding and use of schedule, logfile, interface, and monitors as well as advanced eventing concepts such as Event Correlation, Automatic Remediation and event suppression are also important.
- The individual must be a strong communicator, be able to explain technical information in non-technical terms and maintain good working relationships with business partners. The individual must adhere to standards and direction and be adaptable to working within a very large, mature enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Splunk searching and reporting for problem investigation, pulling test data and event correlation would also be helpful.
|Job Category||Intermediate/Senior, Support|
|Contract||This is a contract opportunity.|
|Location||Bloomington, IL, USA|